Adelaide 500 - Harley Ride Competition
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter and the prize forms part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Shahin Enterprises Pty Ltd of 270 The Parade, Kensington SA 5068 (ABN 46 008 150 543).
- The Competition commences on Friday 16 February 2018 and concludes by 12:00pm on Thursday 22 February 2018 at all participating Giftbox stores of the Promoter.
- Entry is open to South Australian residents. Participates must be 15 years of age or older to take part in this Competition. Staff members who work at participating stores of the Promoter (Store Team Members) may only enter once.
To participate, eligible participants must, during the Competition Period:
- Make a purchase of the promotional items marked as ‘3 for $50’ in participating stores.
- After making the ‘3 for $50’ purchase, fill in their details onto a VIP form and hand it to a Store Team member.
- The Store Team Member will attach a duplicate tax invoice to the VIP form and send it to the Promoter.
for Store Team members:
- Subject to clause 4, fill in their details onto a VIP form and indicate ‘STAFF’ at the top of the form.
- Send the VIP form to the Promoter.
- for Customers:
- Eligible participates will receive one (1) entry into the qualifying draw for each participating purchase.
Winner/s and the Prize
- Winner/s will be drawn at 5:00pm on Monday 26 February 2018 at 270 The Parade, Kensington SA 5068. One (1) winner will be drawn from participating customers’ VIP forms and one (1) winner will be drawn from participating Store Team members’ VIP forms. Winners will be contacted by email.
- The two (2) winners will receive a VIP Harley Ride experience comprising of a drive around the Adelaide 500 street circuit on the back of a Harley Davidson in the Official Drivers’ Parade at the Adelaide 500 event.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request Winner/s to provide proof of age, identity and residency at the nominated prize redemption address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter will provide details to Winner/s by email one week in advance. The prize will be available upon arrival at Adelaide 500 in accordance with the details provided in the email. Due to the time of this event, if the Winner/s do not show up as arranged, the Promoter will not conduct a second chance draw.
Acknowledgments by Participates/Winners
- Winner/s acknowledge and agree that redemption of the prize is subject to conditions imposed by Adelaide 500 including but not limited to a waiver form, clothing requirements and other conditions as may be imposed by Adelaide 500 from time to time.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from acceptance of the prize. Independent legal or financial advice should be sought prior to entering the Competition.
- The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied unless authorised by the Promoter. The prize is not transferable to another person or exchangeable. The prize cannot be redeemed as cash, other goods and services or sold to a third party including online auctions and private sales. Unused portions of the prize will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the prize.
- The participate agrees to participate and co-operate with the Promoter as required in all editorial and promotional activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed for the purpose of promoting this Competition and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter for an unlimited period of time without remuneration. The Winner/s also agrees to grant to the Promoter a perpetual and exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the Winner/s will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
Limitation of Liability
- The Promoter and its associated agencies, companies and representatives associated with this Competition shall not be liable for:
- any claim, loss, damage or expenses, howsoever caused (including by the negligence, act or omission by the Promoter or any of its employees, agents and representatives);
- any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law; and/or
- any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this Competition if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but not limited to technical malfunctions or failures.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the Competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to:
- verify the validity of all participates and to disqualify any participate who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights;
- remove participates from the Competition in the event of change of mind refunds of participating purchases; and/or
- disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about participates to enable participation in this Competition. Use of such information will be in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and any conditions as may be imposed by Adelaide 500. To facilitate participation, the Promoter may disclose participates’ personal information to other companies associated with this Competition. Participates’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as may be required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at their address set out below.
- In the case of intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders it’s determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to State and Territory Regulation.