Albany Plaza Terms and Conditions
SMGB – New Store Opening Competitions
SMGB Albany Plaza – Win $100 Eftpos Gift Cards Competition (the “Competition”)
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter and about the prize forms part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Shahin Enterprises Pty Ltd (ABN 75 492 874 033; ACN 008 150 543) of 270 The Parade, Kensington SA 5068.
- The Competition commences on Thursday 26 July 2018 and concludes at 11:59pm ACST Sunday 5 August 2018 (Competition Period) at the Albany Plaza Smokemart & Giftbox store of the Promoter.
Eligibility and entry
- Entry is open to Western Australian Participants must be 18 years of age or older to take part in the Competition.
- Staff members of the Promoter are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- To enter the Competition eligible participants must, during the Competition Period, complete and submit a VIP membership application form in store or online (Condition of Entry).
- Upon satisfying the Condition of Entry, each eligible participant will automatically receive one (1) entry into the qualifying draw.
- Each eligible participant can only have one (1) entry into the Competition.
Prize and Winners
- There will be five (5) prizes on offer. Each prize is a $100 Eftpos Gift Card.
- The winners will be drawn manually via a random draw at the Promoter’s office at 270 The Parade, Kensington SA 5068 by 5:00pm ACST Monday 6 August 2018. A total of five (5) winners will be drawn from the pool of entrants to the Competition.
- Each winner will receive one (1) prize.
- Each winner will be notified by email within 48 hours of the prize draw. The winner must respond to that email within 48 hours. If the winner fails to respond within 48 hours, he or she will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and a new winner will be drawn for that prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request the winners provide proof of age, identity and residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter will arrange for the prize to be emailed or otherwise sent to the winners by Friday 17 August 2018.
Acknowledgments by Participants/Winners
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from acceptance of the prize.
- The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied unless authorised by the Promoter. The prize is not transferable to another person or exchangeable. The prize cannot be redeemed as cash or other goods or services, or sold to a third party including online auctions and private sales. Unused portions of the prize will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the prize. All other costs associated with the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- The participant agrees to participate and cooperate with the Promoter as required in all editorial and promotional activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed for the purpose of promoting similar competitions run by the Promoter, for an unlimited period of time without remuneration. The winners grant the Promoter a perpetual and exclusive licence to use any such interview footage or photographs in all media worldwide and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated agencies, companies and representatives associated with this Competition shall not be liable for:
- any claim, loss, damage or expenses, howsoever caused (including by the negligence, act or omission by the Promoter or any of its employees, agents or representatives);
- any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law; and/or
- any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this Competition if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
- To the extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter, its employees, agents or contractors arising in connection with the Competition or the prize is limited to (at the election of the Promoter) the re-supply of the relevant prize or a similar prize of equal value.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the Competition is final and binding on every person who enters.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to:
- verify the eligibility of all participants and to disqualify any participant who is later found to be ineligible for entry to the Competition;
- accept errors and omissions at the Promoter’s discretion;
- enforce any of its rights at any stage, and a failure by the Promoter to enforce those rights does not constitute a waiver of those rights; and/or
- disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- To facilitate participation, the Promoter may disclose a participant’s personal information to other companies associated with the Competition, as well as employees, agents and contractors of the Promoter. A participant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as may be required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any personal information should be directed to the Promoter at 270 The Parade, Kensington SA 5068.
- In the case of intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders the prize draw, including but not limited to natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest or strikes, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to State and Territory regulations.