“The Real Cash Giveaway” Smokemart/Giftbox The Block Monopoly Promotion Terms And Conditions
“THE REAL CASH GIVEAWAY”
SMOKEMART/GIFTBOX THE BLOCK MONOPOLY PROMOTION
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or older.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and companies associated with this promotion, are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
- Promotion commences at 9:00AM (AEST) on 12 September 2018 and closes at 5:00pm (AEDT) on 29 December 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
- To be eligible to enter, entrants must, during the Promotional Period, purchase the “Monopoly - The Block edition” board game from any Smokemart/Giftbox store in NSW, QLD, VIC, SA or WA, or the online store (“Eligible Purchase”), subject to stock availability, and obtain an official entry form. The official entry form will be provided at the point of purchase in store and will be delivered with the game for all online orders.
- To enter, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period, fully complete the official entry form with all requested details including full name, contact number, a valid and current email address, residential address and submit the fully completed entry form into any entry box at any Smokemart/Giftbox in NSW, QLD, VIC, SA or WA. Alternatively, entrants who reside in ACT, NT or TAS, or who received their entry form via an online order, can mail their completed form to 270 The Parade, Kensington SA 5068 so that it is received during the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter may decide in its sole discretion which documents are considered suitable for establishing eligibility to enter or win. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Entrants may enter the promotion multiple times during the Promotion Period, provided there is only one (1) entry for each Eligible Purchase, and each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants must retain their original or a copy of their purchase receipt for each Eligible Purchase as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for their entry when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of an entrant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to a prize. The purchase receipt must clearly identify that the Eligible Purchase was made prior to the conclusion of the Promotional Period.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- There will be one (1) major prize for the promotion. The major prize will be $20,580 cash, awarded via either crossed cheque made out to the Winner or EFT into the winner’s nominated bank account (“Prize”). For clarity, the value of the Prize is based on the value of the imitation Monopoly money contained in the “Monopoly - The Block edition” board game.
- All valid entries will be entered into a single draw (“Draw”). The Draw will take place at the Promoter’s office, Peregrine Corporation Head Office, 270 The Parade, Kensington SA 5068 at 12 noon ACDT on 11 January 2019, in the presence of an independent scrutineer.
- The first valid entry drawn at the Draw (“Winner”) will win the Prize. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn as the Winner.
- The Winner will be contacted within two (2) working days of the Draw via email and telephone and their name and address will be published in The Australian on 16 January 2019. The Prize will be paid to the Winner as set out above within 28 days of the Draw unless the Promoter has been unable to contact the Winner (in which case the Prize will be paid to the Winner within 28 days of the Winner claiming the Prize).
- In the event the Winner fails to claim the prize by 12 noon ACST on 11 April 2019, then an unclaimed prize draw will take place from all remaining reserve entries at that time and date, at the same place as the Draw, subject to any directions from any relevant regulatory authority. The winner drawn at the unclaimed prize draw (if any) will be notified by telephone and in writing via email within two (2) business days of the draw and their name and address will be published in The Australian on 17 April 2019.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without notification or remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and the Promoter’s business.
- The total prize pool value is $20,580. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable unless agreed by the Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserve the right, in their discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible, and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) the Prize or any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of, the Prize.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this promotion using Facebook, Instagram or other social media platforms. However, the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other relevant social media platform. You completely release Facebook, Instagram and any other relevant social media platform from any and all liability associated with the promotion.
- The Promoter is Shahin Enterprises Pty Ltd (ABN 46 008 150 543) as trustee for the Shahin Family Trust trading as Smokemart & Giftbox ABN 75 492 874 033 of 270 The Parade, Kensington SA 5068, telephone (08) 8333 9777.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/27257 ACT Permit No. TP18/01566 SA Licence T18/1438.